[Whoops! This post got stuck in "draft" and I didn't publish it when I expected to. No, it wasn't a TypePad problem; the whole "share my music library with all the Macs and AppleTVs in the house" thing didn't really work out like I'd hoped, and I delayed publishing this post hoping I'd find a resolution. Well, no resolution is in sight, so I'm going ahead and publishing this now.]
As I threatened earlier
this last month, I pulled the trigger on a new Mac. With the announcement that the new 13" MacBook Pro would include a FireWire port—and that it would have lower pricing, too—I found the MacBook Pro to be a better alternative than just replacing my existing Mac mini with the latest one.
- Move the contents of the "Audio" drive (mini's internal HD) to a folder on the "Video" drive (external FW drive).
- Reformat "Audio"; change the name to "mini HD".
- Use SuperDuper! to clone the "MiniBoot" drive (external FW startup drive) to "mini HD".
- Change startup disk to "mini HD" and restart
- Reformat "MiniBoot"; change the name to "Michelle's Backup"
- Use SuperDuper! to to clone the "Backup" drive (external FW drive MIchelle used for backup) to the "Michelle's Backup"
- Reformat "Backup"; change the name to "Audio Library"
- Move the Audio files on the "Video" drive to "Audio Library"